At this point, it's probably nearly impossible to get a good restaurant rez. If you haven't already made your V-Day plans, then you and your sweetheart might just be royally screwed. Luckily, we have a few easy (and low cost!) suggestions for the Valentine's Day procrastinators to have a low-key but romantic day.
1. Picnic on the beach: Sure, it's a bit cliché, but might as well take advantage of this amazing heat wave! Head to Malibu Seafood and fill up your picnic basket with fried fish, beer, and wine, and make sure to pick a secluded beach for ultimate romance. Want to skip the sand? Make it a romantic picnic-hike instead. FYI: you'll find me and bae at El Matador.
2. Go to The Broad Museum: Full disclosure...I still haven't been to The Broad. Impress your date with how cultured you are and take in some art at LA's coolest new museum. If you're lucky, maybe you can get a table at Otium for lunch.
3. Cook Dinner at Home Together: Nothing tests your compatibility quite like mastering a skill together that neither of you have. Open a bottle of wine, put on a good playlist, and buy some nice quality ingredients. Of course, starting out with oysters and ending with chocolate-covered strawberries are a must! We're particularly loving this recipe for Ricotta and Sausage Pasta.
4. Home Spa Day: Pamper your S.O. with an in-house spa day. Light some candles, run a bath, and add in some luxurious bath oil. After the bath, treat each other to full-body massages. Then, turn on the Netflix and give yourselves mini facials with a series of face masks (we love all of Sephora's offerings). Order some take-out, and enjoy your relaxing night in.
5. Wine Tasting: Malibu Wines is always a relaxing destination for wine tasting and hanging out with some friends, and for Valentine's Day, they're offering a special tasting flight. Come for sunset, drink some wine together, and don't forget to bring some food (because you can at Malibu wines)!