As you all know, my skin has been a bit of a mess. And while I'm still working on a cure-all, sometimes a little pampering goes a long way when it comes to soothing, moisturizing, and brightening. Masking is one of my favorite Sunday night rituals; light a candle, put on some Netflix, and enjoy a little "me time." Over the years, I've tried A LOT of masks, and while many have been great, these are my current favorites!
1. Omorovicza Midnight Radiance Mask: This high-end Budapest-based line is known for their ultra luxe facial mist and thermal cleansing balm, but my favorite product of theirs so far is the Midnight Radiance Mask. The lightweight blue gel boasts salicylic acid and hyaluronic acid to exfoliate, brighten, and soothe. My skin always looks visibly brighter and more calm after using this, without irritating or drying it out.
2. Fresh Rose Face Mask: Fresh, the Boston-based apothecary brand, has some of my favorite masks (note that the brand makes up half the products on this list). Their Rose Face Mask is formulated with real rose petals, rosewater, and algae, making it a go-to for restoring moisture. I love the cooling effects, as well as the subtle rose scent.
3. Joanna Vargas Euphoria Face Mask: After my lovely facial at the Joanna Vargas skin spa recently, I started testing out some of their namesake products. Aside from their Daily Serum, the Euphoria Face Mask has become a quick favorite. Specifically created for inflamed, damaged skin, I leave the sheet mask on for about 20 minutes and my skin is basically transformed. Soothed, plumped, and totally calmed!
4. Fresh Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy Boosting Mask: Another winner from Fresh, the Vitamin Nectar Vibrancy Boosting Mask is definitely one of the stronger competitors when it comes to brightening. The AHA fruit acids and vitamins C, E, and B5 help restore glow while crushed fruits provide a gentle exfoliation.
5. Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask: One of my first mask loves many years ago, Fresh's iconic Umbrian Clay Mask is a deep-cleansing treatment to purify and spot treat. Sandalwood oil, chamomile flower, and lavender water help soothe, making this a great option for oily and acneic skin types.
6. Thann Revitalizing Face Mask: From one of my favorite lines of late, Thann's Nano Shiso Revitalizing Face Mask comes in two packets (each filled with either a powder or gel) that you mix together to form a thick paste. After applying a very thick layer to the skin, you wait about 15 minutes and then peel it off. Not only is it a pretty fun experience, but I immediately can tell my skin looks brighter, calmer, and even glowier, as the mask helps banish dullness. It's super balancing, and a great mask to use every week.